Blue Mountains Private Tours: Small group day trips from Sydney
Spectacular scenery, beautiful bushwalks and unique wildlife–our Blue Mountains private tours from Sydney let you enjoy wild Australia in all its beauty!
Arranged exclusively for you and your travelling companions, our Blue Mountains private tours are a convenient one-day excursion from your Sydney CBD hotel. You and up to 10 friends can enjoy a Blue Mountains day trip suited to your abilities and interests.
- Visit popular tourist attractions, including a wildlife park, or escape to more remote locations with your private tour guide
- Discover relaxed local villages and delightful café or restaurant dining
- Take in amazing scenery at every stop. Our Blue Mountains day trips from Sydney offer unforgettable views.
Discover the Blue Mountains
A famous Australian landmark and tourist attraction, the Blue Mountains rest on the western border of the greater Sydney area. After just a couple of hours’ drive, you’ll have the chance to take in stunning scenery.
Because the tour is tailored to your group, we can adjust the itinerary suit your mobility, fitness and interests. Looking for a high-energy challenge? Then tackle your choice of extensive hiking paths and bushwalking trails. Would you would rather just relax and take in the scenery? Choose from the most accessible lookouts and viewing areas, some only a few steps from the car park. You can also add a wildlife park visit, cable car sightseeing, and more!
Blue Mountains Private Tours Itinerary – Book Online*
- Pickup from Sydney CBD hotels
- Private tour with experienced guide
- Stunning landscapes with optional walks
- Wildlife park focussing on Australian animals
- Café or restaurant dining in quaint Leura village
Our Blue Mountains private tour begins with pickup from your Sydney CBD location at 7:30am. Heading out of the city, we first visit Featherdale Wildlife Park, located in western Sydney (entrance fee applies). The park’s focus is on Aussie animals, so it’s the perfect chance to meet some iconic Australian wildlife. You can get up close to a koala for that perfect photo, feed a kangaroo, and discover the unique nature of Australian fauna. We like to get here early, before larger tour groups arrive. Feel free to wander around the park on your own, or your guide will show you around and tell you about the various weird and wonderful creatures found across Australia.
Our first major stop in the Blue Mountains is in the Wentworth Falls area, where we get our first real look at the majestic valleys in this region, and learn about the geology, flora and fauna of this UNESCO World Heritage site. The Blue Mountains are known for views like these, so there will be plenty more to come.
Around Midday we enjoy lunch in the neighbouring village of Leura. This idyllic town has a good range of boutique shops, cafés and restaurants for you to discover. We will discuss lunch options with you and suggest a suitable venue. He can also make a reservation ahead of time if required. (Lunch is at guests’ expense.)
From here, it’s a short drive to Katoomba, which has some of the most well-known views and rock formations in the Mountains, including the Three Sisters. Hear the Aboriginal Dreaming story of their creation as you take in the sweeping panorama of the Jamison Valley. For those who feel like stretching their legs, we can take a walk along the cliff top through rainforest vegetation and passing Katoomba Falls.
After a day of sightseeing, we return to Sydney CBD and drop you off at your hotel at approximately 4.30pm.
- Guests can choose not to visit the wildlife park and spend more time in the Mountains instead
- In Katoomba, guests may choose to visit Scenic World, which is a popular attraction, especially for groups with kids. Here, you can enjoy the cable cars, train ride into the valley, and a boardwalk through a section of rainforest (entrance fee applies, prior booking required during peak times and subject to availability).
- Ferry return. From the west of Sydney, take a public ferry ride along the Parramatta River and across Sydney Harbour. (Ferry at own expense.) You would then make your own way back to your hotel.
Customise your tour^
If you wish to do something different to the above itinerary, or require pick-up/drop-off outside Sydney CBD, please contact us.
An overnight stay on Blue Mountains private tours enables you to discover landscapes and visit attractions which can’t all be covered in a day tour. From historic spa resorts to small guest houses, there is a range of accommodation available for those who want to enjoy the mountains for a little longer.
*Please note that the weather in the Blue Mountains is changeable and the itinerary may be altered on the day. Bad weather and fog can occur in the Mountains, so clear views of the Mountains cannot be guaranteed. Please take this into consideration before booking, as refunds cannot be offered for bad weather.
^Additional costs may apply. Please contact us to discuss your itinerary and receive a quote.