Blue Mountains Day Trip from Sydney
Blue Mountains Private Tours:
Small group day trips from Sydney
Spectacular scenery, beautiful bushwalks and unique wildlife–our private tour of the blue mountains from Sydney let you enjoy wild Australia in all its beauty!
Arranged exclusively for you and your travelling companions, our private blue mountains tour is a convenient one-day excursion from your Sydney CBD hotel. Enjoy a blue mountain day trip from sydney suited to your abilities and interests.
- Visit popular tourist attractions, including a wildlife park, or escape to more remote locations with your private tour guide
- Discover relaxed local villages and delightful café or restaurant dining
- Take in amazing scenery at every stop. Our day trip to the Blue Mountains from Sydney offers unforgettable views.
Places of interest
- Cliff-top viewpoints including:
- Echo Point
- Lincoln’s Rock
- Eaglehawk Lookout
- Boars Head and Cahill’s Lookout
- Wentworth Falls
- Govett’s Leap
- Hiking paths
- Range of flora and fauna
- Scenic World
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Waradah Aboriginal Centre
- Leura village
- Optional ferry return
- Quality cafes and restaurants
Typical start and finish times
- Depart: 7:00am—8:00am
- Return: 4.30pm—6.00pm
What to bring
- Something warm for the Mountains most of the year
- Sturdy shoes if hiking
Mobility and fitness
- General sightseeing suitable for all.
- Varying fitness required for hiking, depending on trails
Discover the Blue Mountains
A famous Australian landmark and tourist attraction, the Blue Mountains rest on the western border of the greater Sydney area.
Because the tour, all-inclusive of the Blue Mountains is tailored to your group, you can adjust the itinerary to suit your mobility, fitness, and interests.
- Looking for a high-energy challenge? Go for a tour from Sydney that takes in the hiking paths.
- Would you rather just relax and take in the scenery? All tours offer easily-accessible lookouts and viewing areas, some only a few steps from the car park.
- You can also add a wildlife park visit, cable car sightseeing, and more!
What do you normally do on Blue Mountains Private Tours?*
- Pickup from Sydney CBD hotels
- Stunning landscapes with optional walks
- Optional attractions, including a wildlife park focussing on Australian animals
- Café or restaurant dining in quaint Leura village or rural eatery
Blue Mountains tours typically begin with:
- Early pickup from your Sydney CBD hotel.
- Heading out of the city, you may first wish to visit Featherdale Wildlife Park, located in western Sydney.
- The park’s focus is on Aussie animals, so it’s the perfect chance to meet some iconic Australian wildlife.
- You can get up close to a koala for that perfect photo, feed a kangaroo, and discover the unique nature of Australian fauna. Many tour operators like to get here early, before larger tour groups arrive, or as the last stop on the way back to Sydney.
In the Mountains
- Your first major stop in the Blue Mountains tour will probably be in the Upper Mountains between Wentworth Falls and Blackheath.
- Get your first real look at the majestic valleys in this region, and learn about the geology, flora, and fauna of this UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The Blue Mountains are known for views like these, so there will be plenty more to come.
- You will likely visit the Katoomba area, which has some of the most well-known views and rock formations in the Mountains, including the Three Sisters during your Blue Mountains day tour.
- Hear the Aboriginal Dreaming story of their creation as you take in the sweeping panorama of the Jamison Valley.
- You may also like to visit Scenic World, an attraction that features cable car rides, a short but steep trail down into the valley, and a rainforest boardwalk.
- For lunch, you may visit one of the mountain villages, such as Leura, which offers a range of eateries to suit most tastes.
- For those who feel like stretching their legs, you could take a walk on one of the many hiking trails with walking tracks.
- You can head down the steeps steps into one of the valleys, passing through rainforest vegetation and waterfalls, or stay “up top” for a walk along the cliff edge to enjoy the sweeping valley views.
- Mid-afternoon, after a full day of sightseeing, return to Sydney CBD (approx. 2 hours).
- On some blue mountains from sydney day trip tours, the Wildlife Park is optional. You could spend more time in the Mountains instead
- In Katoomba, guests may choose to visit Scenic World, which is a popular attraction, especially for groups with kids. (Entrance fee applies, prior booking required during peak times and subject to availability).
- Ferry return. From the west of Sydney, take a public ferry ride along the Parramatta River and across Sydney Harbour. (Ferry at own expense.) You would then make your own way back to your hotel.
*Tour itineraries may vary for each tour operator. Please read the Blue Mountains tour operator’s itinerary before booking. Private blue mountains tours will have the word “private” in the title, on other tours you will be sharing the vehicle with other travelers. Please note that the weather in the Blue Mountains is changeable and the itinerary may be altered on the day. Bad weather and fog can occur in the Mountains, so clear views of the Mountains cannot be guaranteed. Please take this into consideration before booking, as refunds cannot normally be offered for bad weather.
Planning for a Day Trip to the Blue Mountains from Sydney!
Just a short drive away from the city of Sydney, a day trip to the Blue Mountains from Sydney is one of the most fun daytime activities you could do.
Don’t want to go through the hassles of planning your day trip to the blue mountains from sydney itinerary and face last-minute expenses? Plan your perfect all inclusive Blue Mountains small-group day trip from Sydney with us. With our planned Blue Mountains day tour, nature lovers can enjoy the breathtaking views and stunning blue mountains.
Our one-day guided Blue Mountain day trips from Sydney tour includes various different activities like visiting the Scenic world, the blue mountains sunset tour, and much more.
Contact today for the best blue mountain day trips from sydney.
An overnight stay on the Blue Mountains private tours enables you to discover landscapes and visit attractions that can’t all be covered in a day long blue mountain private tour. From historic spa resorts to small guest houses, there is a range of accommodations available for those who want to enjoy the mountains for a little longer.