Hunter Valley Private Wine Tours
One of Australia’s oldest wine regions, the Hunter Valley offers some of the best boutique wineries and cellar doors in the country. You can take a day tour for Hunter Valley wine tasting. Another way to explore the Hunter Valley wineries is by having a long tour that may also include other attractions. You’ll also discover artisan cheeses, handmade chocolates, and other local produce. A relaxing day tour from Sydney, it’s the perfect place for gourmet tours and private wine tours in Sydney alike.
- Sample the Hunter Valley’s unique wines, straight from the cellar door
- Enjoy the region’s beautiful scenery in a relaxed, village atmosphere
- Try great local produce with café and restaurant dining
Looking for Hunter Valley Tour from Sydney!
One of Australia’s oldest grape-growing regions, the Hunter Valley is a two-hour drive from Sydney. Get the best Hunter Valley tour from Sydney and explore this amazing place. Visitors seeking a unique experience will discover that there is plenty to do in this scenic area. Planning a Hunter Valley tour is the best way to explore the oldest wine region in Sydney. Hunter Valley wineries are among the most famous in Sydney and across the world, and the tours to the area will include wine tastings. There are also numerous activities suited for families. Activities like hot air ballooning or riding a horse are fun ways to experience the landscape, and the Hunter Valley Zoo is a favorite among children. Tours from Sydney can offer you a truly wonderful time. Book your Hunter Valley private tour now!
Enjoy a truly personal wine-tasting experience
- Our Hunter Valley private wine tours visit some of the most delightful wineries across Pokolbin and the greater Hunter region.
- Typically focusing on small, boutique wineries and vineyards, our tour operators aim to showcase unique and distinctive wines that only the Hunter can offer.
- From the region’s famous Semillon to the lesser-known gems, you will have the opportunity to sample and purchase the wide variety of wines produced in the Hunter.
- Many are difficult to find elsewhere, and others are only sold here, so they also make fantastic gifts!
- With your private tour guide, you’ll enjoy our private wine tours whether you are a wine connoisseur, a newcomer to wine, or anywhere in between
- The Hunter Valley wine country area is also incredibly scenic. The region is quite hilly, so you will get great views of the sloping vineyards as you drive around – and ideal for photographers looking for that perfect vineyard shot.
- Leaves begin growing on the vines in early spring, while the vines are at their fullest with leaves and grapes during the summer. Grapes are usually picked from late January through February.
- While the vines appear sparse in winter, this is still a great time to visit; the weather is cooler and more comfortable for being outside (summer can be very hot) and on weekdays it’s much quieter for tasting at the cellar doors.
Places of interest
- Over 100 wineries
- Wine tasting at the cellar doors
- Viewpoints over the vineyards
- Cheese tasting with local producers
- Country cafes
- Fine dining restaurants
- Chocolate shops and tasting
- Craft Beer at microbreweries
- Vodka, gin and more at a distillery
- Hunter Valley Gardens
Typical start and finish times
- Depart: 7:00am-8:00am
- Return: 5:00pm-6.30pm
What to bring
- Clothing for hot summers and cool winters
Mobility and fitness
- Suitable for all
Things to note
- Legal drinking age in Australia is 18. Bring ID if you are fortunate enough to look that young.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted on tour vehicles by law
What do you normally do on Hunter Valley Private Wine Tours?
- Pickup from Sydney CBD hotels
- Private wine tour with a private guide
- Wine tasting at three or four boutique wineries.
- Optional craft beer and spirits
- Simple cafés and fine dining restaurants
- Local produce, including cheese tasting
- Departing early from your Sydney CBD hotel, you will travel through the northern suburbs of the city towards the Hunter Valley.
- Pass densely forested, hilly countryside just outside the city before crossing the serene Hawkesbury River.
- For the last 30 minutes of the journey, you will travel on a picturesque country road through rural towns and villages.
Welcome to Wine Country
- You will normally arrive at the first winery between 10 and 11am for your introduction to Hunter Valley wine, which will include the grape varieties typical of the region.
- The friendly and informative cellar door staff will guide you through your tasting. Whether it’s your first ever winery visit or you a wine connoisseur, you are sure to learn something new about the Hunter Valley and its wines.
Where there’s wine there’s cheese
- If you like cheese, you may want to include a cheese tasting. There are a few cheese producers in the Hunter Valley. A formal cheese tasting will include a brief description from a member of the team on the various cheese styles. As most of the cheese is made locally, and by hand – it’s true artisan regional produce.
- There are also a number of other products to sample in the region, such as jams, pickles and tapenades.
- Back to the wine for a second winery visit, where you can enjoy more of the Hunter Valley’s excellent wines through a guided tasting.
Great food as well as wine
- At lunchtime, you may settle in for a while at a winery with a restaurant or visit the central Pokolbin area, and perhaps stop at the Hunter Valley Gardens complex.
- Here, there are a number of eateries, ranging from simple cafes to a high quality restaurant. There are also some boutique shops plus the formal gardens themselves (entrance fee applies).
Other drinks to try
- After lunch you can try more wines or perhaps something different, such as beer at a microbrewery or vodka, gin and more at a distillery.
- Somewhere along the way you can probably indulge in a bit of chocolate as well.
Mid afternoon, depart the Hunter Valley for the drive back to Sydney (approx. 2 hours, 30 minutes).
*Tour itineraries may vary for each tour operator. Please read the tour operator’s itinerary before booking. Private tours will have the word “private” in the title, on other tours you will be sharing the vehicle with other travellers.
Customise Your Private Hunter Valley Tour
Please contact us and we’ll try and find a tour which suits you.
Hunter Valley wine is among the most famous and oldest wine regions. People explore and love wine tours from Sydney. Hunter Valley tours from Sydney are the best way to relax your mind. If you wish to spend more time in the Hunter than a day trip can provide, Hunter Valley private wine tours can include an overnight stay. Please contact us. Book your Hunter Valley wine tours with us and explore the exciting places and adventures.