Hunter Valley Cheese and Wine Tasting
Cheese tasting at the Hunter Valley Cheese Co. is a popular optional activity on Country Trails’ Private Tours to Hunter Valley wine country.
Country Trails conducts private tours for the best cheese tasting in Hunter Valley for small groups (up to seven), departing from and returning to Sydney’s CBD. Are you a fan of hand-made gourmet cheeses? Then add a cheese tasting session at the Hunter Valley Cheese Company to your Country Trails Hunter Valley wine region tour!
Gourmet Cheese Tasting in the Hunter Valley
- It’s no secret that the Hunter Valley region is becoming a favourite destination for foodies.
- With its long tradition of independent produce, the Hunter has a wide selection of delicacies to offer the adventurous palate.
- On our cheese Hunter valley private tours, our guests often enjoy stopping at boutique wineries, produce stores and other independent hunter valley cheese factories and establishments for the best in local flavour.
- One of our favourite destinations is the Hunter Valley Cheese Company.
- Established in 1995, the Hunter Valley Cheese Company craft handmade, preservative-free cheeses from the finest local cow and goat milk.
- Here, guests can sample and purchase cheeses directly from the maker. Their selection of award-winning and innovative cheeses includes cheddar, feta, fromage blanc, brie, natural rind, washed rind, tommes and blue vein.
- There’s no mass-production here! The cheeses here are genuine handmade produce, so you’ll get a true boutique experience. The company staff are dedicated cheese experts who love their craft– and that means simply excellent cheese.
Boutique cheese tasting & appreciation
- Enjoy handmade and the best cheese in Hunter Valley direct from the maker! The Hunter Valley Cheese Co. offers a variety of tasting plates featuring their entire range.
- In addition to delicious and distinctive regional cheeses, guests can choose plates featuring a variety of sides to compliment the main event: local preserves, seasonal fruit pastes, gourmet crackers, deli produce, antipasto, salads and more.
- And with a wine cellar as their neighbour, a delightful accompanying wine is also within easy reach.
- The cheese shop in Hunter Valley provides daily tasting notes to accompany plates, helping tasters maximise their enjoyment.
- A cheese expert is also on hand to introduce guests to the varieties on offer, and provide tasting advice. So you can enjoy your Hunter cheese tasting with as much – or as little – instruction as you choose.
- Learn about cheese making in the hunter valley and their history, how to care for and enjoy artisan cheeses, and regional cheese specialities.
- Whether you are a cheese novice or a seasoned gourmet, the cheese experts here will surely teach you something new!
The perfect gourmet stop-off
- Hunter Valley Cheese Co, is a family-owned cheesemaker with genuine hand-made gourmet cheeses for tasting and sale.
- We’ve been coming here for years, so we know that it is the best cheese shop in the Hunter Valley and a great place to visit on your private tour of the Hunter Valley!
- Or, if there’s a special foodie in your life, consider a private tour of hunter valley cheese and wine tasting and brewery/distillery visit. It’s the perfect gift for any fine food enthusiast!
- Cheese tasting is one of several optional extras in addition to our Hunter Valley wine tour standard itinerary.
- Our cheese and wine tour in Hunter Valley departs from and returns to Sydney centre, so they are ideal if you’re visiting on holidays.
- If you would like to make wine and cheese tasting in the Hunter Valley part of your holiday experience, contact us so you can find out more about our Hunter Valley Private Tours. With standard or custom itineraries available, your perfect Hunter Valley getaway is just around the corner!