Sydney Day Tour with Guide
Discover the iconic architecture, diverse communities, a stunning coastline, and one of the world’s great harbors
- If you’re looking for the perfect Sydney day trip, then we have the tours for you.
- Our private Sydney sightseeing tours are ideal for travelers looking to explore Harbour City in a time-effective but comprehensive manner.
- Our Sydney private tours are exclusively for you and your traveling companions, so you’ll enjoy personalized service and guidance all the way.
Get a feel for the city
- Sydney has a lot to offer.
- Most of the popular sights are close to the city center, so you can experience many of Sydney’s best-known locations on a half-day tour, although a full-day tour will allow you more time at each stop and the opportunity to head a little further afield.
- Our private Sydney sightseeing tours typically include popular landmarks, as well as some lesser-known places for an exciting new point of view.
- You’ll discover historic neighborhoods, such as the Rocks, dating from the beginning of European settlement in Australia.
- Enjoy some of the best harbor views, or take a stroll at some of Sydney’s most popular beaches and coastal walks.
- These tours will suit visitors wishing to orientate themselves with the city, and those with limited time to see the main sights.
What do you normally do on Sydney Sightseeing Tours?*
- Pickup from Sydney CBD hotels
- Private tour with a private guide
- Great harbor viewpoints and photo spots for Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
- See historic architecture and learn about Sydney’s colonial past
- Pass through trendy and character-filled neighborhoods
- Head out to some of the city’s famous beachside suburbs, including Bondi and Manly.
Our tour operators offer a mix of half-day and full-day sightseeing tours. Pick-up times from your Sydney CBD hotel vary.
Places of interest
- Harbour viewpoints
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Opera House
- The Rocks historic district
- Sydney CBD (central business district)
- Residential neighbourhoods
- Beach suburbs – Manly and Bondi
- Botanic Gardens
- Watsons Bay
- Centennial Park
- Darling Harbour
- Sydney Aquarium
Typical start and finish times
- Tour times and duration vary.
What to bring
- Swimwear if taking a dip
Mobility and fitness
- Suitable for all.
- Some easy-grade steps to access viewpoints and pathways.
- Your tour will normally include a drive through some of inner Sydney’s most interesting residential areas.
- Right by the Sydney Harbour Bridge are the Rocks, the area where European settlement in Australia truly began.
- Here, you can see some of the nineteenth-century streets and buildings where Sydney’s first European settlers lived and worked.
- While this area is becoming increasingly gentrified, in years gone by this was the less desirable – but perhaps the most interesting – side of town, full of the kind of characters and goings-on one might expect to find in a fledgling penal colony.
- You will also pass through some other interesting neighborhoods in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, famed for their leafy streets and Victorian townhouses.
- Again, these are now fashionable and upmarket neighborhoods, featuring designer stores and trendy eateries.
Looking for Day Tours from Sydney!
Sydney day tours are one of the best ways to cover all the tourist destinations around Sydney. At Country Trails Private Tours, we offer day tours from Sydney at the most affordable prices. You can explore Sydney and its surrounding areas in the way you want. Our Sydney tour covers not only Sydney but also various beaches and natural attractions all around it including national parks and mountains.
Making a day trip to any of the tourist spots around Sydney had never been easier. Start your tour from Sydney into the scenic world of Australia with us and we bet that you would never opt for any other Sydney sightseeing tours.
Sydney Sightseeing Tours – exclusively for your group
Explore Sydney’s rich history, iconic architecture, stunning beaches, galleries, and natural beauty with your fellow travellers. Our tours are exclusively designed as per your preferences, covering the places you want to visit, in a comprehensive manner. You can go on day trips with your own friends or family group or take a small group tour with other travellers, as you like. Apart from watching the Opera house up close, our tours in Sydney cover treks to the stunning Blue Mountains strolls around Bondi beach and South coast, photo stops at the Harbour Bridge, and more. Our private guides are able to offer you a half-day or full-day of sightseeing, starting with a pickup at a Sydney CBD hotel that is followed by a trip to the Opera house or Harbour Bridge, and a few more locations before having lunch at the popular spots. Depending on your tour, we then cover more areas.
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
What can you do in 24 hours in Sydney?
There is a lot that can be explored in 24 hours in Harbour city if you use your time effectively. The best Sydney tours will traditionally start at the Central Business District for breakfast after which you can visit the classic sites including the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge, and even the art gallery of NSW. Observe the brilliant architecture and learn about the history of the place. You can, then, head towards the Sydney Tower Eye to take a 360-degrees view of the city. If you are interested in watching wildlife native to Australia, head to Darling Harbour where you can visit the aquarium and the zoo. You cannot miss catching the sunset at Bondi beach or any coastal walk while you enjoy evening snacks at the cafes and restaurants sitting along the beaches. Come back to Sydney Opera House to experience live performances in theatre, comedy, music, and more. To end the day with a stunning view of the city skyline at night with twinkling lights, enjoy your dinner and cocktails at the 360 bar.
- A tour of Sydney wouldn’t be complete without stopping at a viewpoint or two to admire the beautiful harbor, Sydney Opera House, and the city embracing it.
- There are many great places to stop for photos and perhaps take a short walk, with the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House providing a magnificent backdrop.
- You can’t come to Sydney without seeing the world-famous Sydney Opera House up close.
- Many visitors like to see the Opera House, and perhaps take a guided tour, in their own time.
- However, for those on a tight schedule, we can include a stop here for you to walk around. (Normally we’ll drop you off close by and come back to pick you up when you are ready).
City by the sea
- Heading further out you reach the harbor entrance and the eastern beaches.
- You might stop at Watsons Bay, a former fishing village and now a laid-back harbor suburb.
- From the sandstone cliffs, guests can take in the city skyline and headlands of the harbor entrance.
- Next, head to Bondi, Sydney’s most famous beach. Stop for pictures, and perhaps a waterfront stroll or quick swim. There are also a number of cafes if you feel like beachside refreshment before heading back towards the city.
The North Shore and Manly
- Depending on your tour duration, on Sydney sightseeing tours you might travel north over Sydney Harbour Bridge for a different view of the Harbour.
- Pass through some of the north shore neighborhoods to arrive at Manly, one of Sydney’s most appealing beachside suburbs.
- It’s pleasant to take a walk past the shops and eateries of the Corso, a buzzing pedestrianized strip linking Manly’s harborside with its attractive beachfront.
- Your tour may take you back to Sydney CBD and drop you off at your hotel.
- Alternatively, you could linger a little longer at your last stop – and perhaps have some lunch – before making your own way back to your hotel.
- Manly has plenty of eateries close to the waterfront, including great seafood. If you finish in Manly, you could take the popular public ferry back across the harbor to Circular Quay and Sydney CBD.
Other Sydney experiences
- Why not see the Harbour from a different perspective with a private cruise (up to 43 people)?
- Relax as you take in the popular landmarks and well-to-do waterfront neighborhoods on one of the world’s most celebrated harbors.
- Want to learn more about Sydney’s convict past?
- Join a small-group walking tour of the Rocks heritage district to hear about Sydney’s early European settlement and the city’s fascinating convict history.
*Tour itineraries may vary for each tour operator. Please read the tour operator’s itinerary before booking. Private tours will have the word “private” in the title, on other tours you will be sharing the vehicle with other travelers.